Terms of Service
Welcome to the MOVELINE.COM website (the “Website”). This Website is provided to assist customers in gathering household goods moving information, determining the availability of household moving services, making reservations and transacting business with moving companies and service suppliers.
This Website is provided solely for current and potential customers to interact with Moveline and may not be used for any other purpose, or used or reproduced by any other person or entity. The use of automated dial-in, inquiry, or screen-scraping devices, programs, or applications to obtain information through this Website is strictly prohibited.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS CONDITIONED UPON YOUR ACCEPTANCE WITHOUT MODIFICATION OF ALL THE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND NOTICES SET FORTH BELOW (COLLECTIVELY, THE “AGREEMENT”). BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE AGREEMENT. TO THE EXTENT YOU RESERVE AND BUY ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON THIS WEBSITE THROUGH OUR CALL CENTER, YOU AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT SHALL APPLY TO ALL SUCH TRANSACTIONS. PLEASE READ THE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR MAKE PURCHASES OR RESERVATIONS THROUGH OUR CALL CENTER. BE SURE TO RETURN TO THIS PAGE PERIODICALLY TO REVIEW THE MOST CURRENT VERSION OF THE AGREEMENT.
- Information You Provide. You agree to provide accurate and current information as prompted by the MOVELINE.COM questionnaire and estimating tool form. If you provide information that is inaccurate or not current, or Moveline has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is inaccurate or not current, Moveline may reject the Estimate Request and suspend or terminate your use of this Website. In addition, if you do not provide accurate information, Moveline and its affiliated partners reserve the right to refuse service or to request additional fees.You agree not to submit any material that violates law or the rights of any third party or that is unreliable, incomplete, inaccurate, obscene, libelous, defamatory or otherwise objectionable. While Moveline does not and cannot control any material provided by you or the Website’s other Members, Moveline reserves the right to reject or remove any such material at any time with or without reason. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to data and information that is inaccurate or that otherwise violates any of the standards set forth in these Terms of Service, and you hereby waive all legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Moveline and hold Moveline harmless with respect thereto.
- Moveline Service Providers. Professional movers in the Moveline network have committed to adhering to all professional moving standards as indicated in the FMSCA Right and Regulations Brochure. However, Moveline and its service providers do not make any origin or destination service delivery guarantees for services purchased through the Moveline network. The moving industry (much like the airline industry) faces unforeseen weather-related, mechanical and shipment capacity issues that can cause delays in the delivery or performance of services. In the event of a service failure Moveline will use reasonable efforts to assist you.
- Appropriate Use of Website. You agree that you shall not: (a) send spam or other unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws; (b) send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, fraudulent, misrepresentative or otherwise unlawful material, or material that is subject to third party proprietary or intellectual property rights (unless you have express written and legally valid permission from their rightful owner); (c) send or store material containing software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (d) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Website, or the materials contained thereon; (e) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or the Moveline.com system; (f) restrict or attempt to restrict or inhibit any other visitor from using the Website; (g) use the Website for any unlawful purpose; (h) express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Moveline, without Moveline’s prior written consent; (i) “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Website without Moveline’s prior written authorization; (j) harvest or collect information about Website visitors without their express consent; (k) direct link, inline link, deep link or otherwise hyperlink any page of the Website other than the home page; or (l) page-scrape, robot, spider, hack, password mine or use any automatic or manual program or process to access or use the Website or its content. Any attempted improper use or an attempt by you or on your behalf to deliberately damage or corrupt the Website or to use the Moveline.com system or other services provided by Moveline on the Website in violation of the above may violate criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Moveline, reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from you to the fullest extent of the law.
- Changes to the Website and Services. The content of this Website, including without limitation the pricing, information, graphics, products, features, functionality, services, and links (collectively the “Content”) may be changed, deleted or updated from time to time without notice. Moveline reserves the right to change any service offered, the features of any service offered, or these Terms of Service and Moveline’s policies, at any time. Moveline may discontinue, suspend or modify the Website at any time, and Moveline may block, terminate or suspend your and any user’s access to the Website at any time for any reason in its sole discretion, even if access continues to be allowed to others.
- Links to other Websites. Links on the Website allow you to visit and do business with third parties or affiliated partners of Moveline. Neither these sites nor the companies to whom they belong are controlled by Moveline. Moveline makes no representations or warranties concerning the information provided or made available on such third party sites.
- Professional Moving Partners. Through its rigorous Membership Requirements process, which is designed to ensure that its professional moving partners are reliable and responsible members of the Moveline network, Moveline has made every effort to determine the quality and acceptability of the products and services offered by its professional moving partners. However, Moveline does not make any representations or warranties regarding the correctness, performance or quality of any services provided by such moving partners. You should independently research and assess the risks that may be involved in accessing and using any software or services before purchasing or using such software or services.THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF MOVING GOODS, SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AND NOT AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES OF MOVELINE. MOVELINE ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR SUCH THIRD PARTY’S GOODS, SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, ACCIDENT OR DELAY DUE TO AN ACT OR OMISSION OF A MOVING SERVICE PROVIDER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AN ACT OF NEGLIGENCE OR THE DEFAULT OF A MOVING SERVICE PROVIDER. MOVELINE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, ACCIDENT OR DELAY DUE TO SICKNESS, PILFERAGE, LABOR DISPUTES, BANKRUPTCY, MACHINERY BREAKDOWN, QUARANTINE, ACTS OF GOVERNMENT, WEATHER, TERRORISM, ACT OF GOD, FAILURE TO MAKE CONNECTIONS, RE-ROUTING OR CAUSES BEYOND MOVELINE’S CONTROL.
- Providers and Network Affiliates. Moveline provides an opportunity for you to purchase moving related goods, services and equipment through the Moveline partner member network. These providers are third party referrals from Moveline to provide moving related services and equipment. Moveline does not control or own these providers. Moveline holds a reservation for the service requested, but such reservation and service is subject to the terms and conditions of the provider’s reservation policy. Additional terms and conditions will apply to your reservation and purchase of household goods moving services and products that you select. Please read these additional terms and conditions carefully of the service provider you have selected. You agree to abide by the terms and conditions of purchase imposed by any service provider with whom you elect to do business, including, but not limited to, payment of all amounts when due and compliance with the service provider’s rules and restrictions regarding availability and use of tariffs, products, or services. You understand that any violation of any such supplier’s rules and restrictions may result in cancellation of your reservation, denial of your access to moving products or services, your forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s), and/or Moveline’s debiting your account for any costs incurred by Moveline as a result of such violation.
- Price. For payments made through Moveline, the price you are shown at checkout is the price you will be charged, based on the specifications of your purchase. Changes to the specifications (such as changes to address, date, or your inventory) after checkout may result in changes to the Price.
- Billing, Payments, and Fees. You authorize Moveline to charge you directly for the transportation and other goods and services provided by Moveline Professional Moving Partners and Providers and Network Affiliates and to retain its fees through and from this transaction. Moveline will charge your account at least two (2) days prior to the scheduled date the services are performed, and will charge upon shipment for any goods purchased.
- Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability. USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ITS SERVICES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. MOVELINE DOES NOT WARRANT THE RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY OF THE WEBSITE, ITS SERVICES OR ANY MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE. THE WEBSITE, ITS SERVICES AND ANY MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY OR ACCURACY), ALL OF WHICH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT ANY WARRANTY CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. MOVELINE’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER BASED ON AN ACTION OR CLAIM IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, ITS SERVICES OR ANY MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE SHALL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT OF FEES PAID BY YOU TO MOVELINE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MOVELINE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, MOVELINE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM (1) YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE AND ITS SERVICES AS THE RESULT OF ANY EVENT BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF MOVELINE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PROGRAMMING ERROR, ANY VIRUS OR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF THE PERFORMANCE OF THE INTERNET) OR (2) ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THE MEMBERS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIABILITY TO BE LIMITED. AS SUCH, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.YOU HAVE ACCEPTED THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AS PART OF A BARGAIN WITH RESPECT TO THE PRICING OF MOVELINE’S SERVICES PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE AND UNDERSTAND THAT THE PRICING WOULD BE HIGHER IF MOVELINE WERE REQUIRED TO BEAR LIABILITY IN EXCESS OF THAT STATED HEREIN.
- Intellectual Property Rights. The Website involves the use of a computer system comprising content that is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property rights laws. Moveline retains all right, title and interest, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, in and to such content, and any portion thereof, including, without limitation, any copy or derivative work thereof (or any portion thereof). You shall not take any action to jeopardize, limit or interfere in any manner with Moveline’s ownership of and rights with respect to the Website and the content, or any portion thereof, including, without limitation, any copy or derivative work thereof (or any portion thereof), and all intellectual property rights in and to each of the foregoing. You shall not directly or indirectly modify, translate, decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer, or determine or attempt to determine the source or executable code, or protocols of the computer programming, or create any derivative works based upon the content, and you shall not permit, authorize or assist anyone else to do so.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Moveline, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers and employees from and against all claims, actions, demands, losses, liabilities, penalties, judgments, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) resulting from (a) your access or use of the Website and its services and your account, whether or not authorized, (b) any and all material submitted by you to the Website and/or Moveline, (c) your breach of any covenant, representation or warranty contained in these Terms of Service, and (d) your negligent or willful acts or omissions.
- Export. You assume all responsibility for compliance with all laws and regulations of the United States and any other country from which you access the Website, including laws regarding access, use, export and import of any Content. You acknowledge and agree that you will not export or import any Content to any country to which export or import is restricted under United States law.
- Miscellaneous. Moveline reserves the right to change these Terms of Service in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice. Such changes shall be effective when posted on the Website, and your continued access or use of the Website and its services shall be considered acceptance of such changes. Any contract or agreement for services that you may enter into by accessing and using this Website is solely between you and the other Member. Moveline is not a party to any such contract or agreement, has no obligations under any such contract or agreement, and expressly disclaims all liability whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, any such contract or agreement. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer, or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by these Terms of Service. These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Moveline, and supersede all other written and oral communications or agreements, with regard to the Website and its services. Any waiver of these Terms of Service by Moveline shall only be effective if in a writing signed by an authorized officer of Moveline. Moveline’s failure to act with respect to a breach of these Terms of Service by you or others does not waive Moveline’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. The Website is controlled, operated and administered by Moveline from its offices in New York, New York. These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without regard to conflict of laws principles. Any claim or cause of action by you against Moveline with respect to your access or use of the Website and its services or your account shall be brought in the federal or state courts of New York, New York within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. Without limiting any other remedy under law, in equity or pursuant to these Terms of Service, you acknowledge and agree that Moveline shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief or other equitable relief for any breach of these Terms of Service. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable or invalid, the remaining provisions shall be enforceable and valid to the greatest extent permitted by law. Accessing or using the Website shall constitute effective execution and delivery by you of these Terms of Service. In any dispute between Moveline and you relating to this Website or the services provided through the Website, the prevailing party will be entitled to attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses.
The content of MOVELINE.COM is protected by United States and international copyright, trademark and other laws. Copyright © 2011-2012 MOVELINE GROUP, INC. All rights reserved. Specifically, Moveline Group, Inc. does not convey to anyone, through allowing access to the Website, any ownership rights in the Website or in any Content appearing on or made available through the Website. By furnishing information on this Website, Moveline Group, Inc. does not grant any licenses to any copyrights, patents or any other intellectual property rights.